Blog 5

 As we get closer and closer to the trip I find myself experiencing the pre-trip butterflies. I don't know about you guys, but this trip is all that's getting me through my typical end-of-semester slump. I keep telling myself that in a few weeks I'll be in a country I've never been before. 

My mom was born and raised in Slovenia and moved here when she was 23. I can't imagine packing everything up at this age and going to an entirely new land. However, my mom has always said that she can see me moving out of the US at some point, and I have a feeling I'll fall in love with one of these countries we're going to. Now that she's in my head about moving internationally, I just know I'll subconsciously be scoping out which place I'd want to live in the most. 

I find myself getting overwhelmed at how much there is to see in each city in the limited time we have. I don't want to regret how I spend my time on this trip, so I decided to start researching things I definitely want to experience in each city. I still need to do more research, but my list currently looks like this.

Edinburgh:

- Get a picture with a highland cow.

- Try haggis (even though that makes me want to throw up thinking about what they put in haggis)

- Hike to Arthur's Seat (this looks so cool - it's an extinct volcano that gives you a cool view of Edinburgh)

- Try some Scotch whiskey at the Scotch Whiskey Experience

- Ghost tour of the Edinburgh vaults

London: 

- Stroll through St. James's Park

- Go to Leadenhall Market (Diagon Alley in Harry Potter) 

- See Banksy's designated graffiti area

- Magic Circle Museum

- MUST experience an afternoon tea

Dublin:

- There are some cool horse-back riding tours that you can take to more country areas that look really cool 

- See Saint Patrick's cathedral 

- Try Shepherd's Pie

- Go to the Little Museum of Dublin


I'm sure there are many, many more things to see in each of these cities, but when I was browsing various travel sites these all stood out to me. Notice how most things on my list are related to food and drink - my favorite things ever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 1: Introduction

At the boarding gate