Blog 1: Introduction

 My name is Eva Mihelich, pronounced like Ava, just spelled differently. I am from Cleveland, Ohio and I'm studying English (Professional and Technical Writing) with minors in Business Administration and Catholic Studies, and I am in my junior year. In my free time, I like working out in the gym, spending time in nature, walking my dog, reading, and listening to music. I also have recently taken up the hobby of coloring, which I usually do while watching mindless TV shows like New Girl or How I Met Your Mother. I'm known for being compassionate, driven, adventurous, and funny. 

I wanted to go on this trip for a number of reasons. I have always wanted to go to England because I appreciate the quaintness of it - it just seems like the type of place I could have a cup of tea and write a novel. Ireland also was appealing to me because of its gorgeous scenery. Scotland was never a place I considered traveling, but it is honestly the place I am most excited to go for this trip. It seems welcoming, and although I have never been there, I feel like I would love living in Scotland. 

I chose my English major for a reason - I love reading. I am beyond excited to see all the places that so many iconic novels are set in. I've had to read plenty of lengthy books such as Tom Jones and A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, so I am anxious to see the spots come to life that I have imagined on the pages. 

I also think it's important to travel and see places you are not used to because it reminds you that the US is not the only place on Earth, and frankly, there is so much more to see outside of it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 5

At the boarding gate