London

 In full honesty, my first impression of London was not a great one. I didn’t particularly like the West End Soho area. Although I appreciated the many theatres and cool sights, I felt incredibly out of place and unwelcome, and a few of us got called very rude names by some people walking past. We called it a night fairly early due to general discomfort and decided to restart the next day. However, once we saw other areas of London, I realized that it was actually an amazing place, and that I just had to find my nook of London! I loved seeing all of the iconic places like the London Bridge and Birmingham Palace. On our free day, I had a lot of fun exploring Westminster and Kensington. They were both such lovely areas with very kind people. It wasn’t as chaotic - there were still touristy spots but it was nothing compared to the super big areas. I really enjoyed seeing more low key spots like Regent’s Park. I felt much more comfortable in these areas, and I enjoyed talking to people from there.  I wish I had more time in London. There was so much that I wanted to see but couldn’t, like Shakespeare’s Globe, Notting Hill, and the National Gallery. However, I really enjoyed the parts I saw, and I especially enjoyed seeing Abbey Road, since I’ve been a longtime Beatles fan. I’m sad to leave London, but cannot wait to see what Dublin is like! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 1: Introduction

At the boarding gate

Blog 5